วันจันทร์ที่ 15 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2550

What is 'CULTURE'?

‘Culture’, what does this word mean? Is it good or bad to have culture? Some people say that culture is one of the symbols of a country while others say that culture is the things that we do normally.

For me, I don’t really know what the culture is, but I think culture is what most people in the country usually do. Many people use culture to separate each country because different countries have different culture. Sometimes, I don’t like other countries’ culture and usually think that why should they do this, it’s not necessary, for instance, I think to eat without spoon as western people do doesn’t make anything be better, it’s only make me eat uncomfortably. However, to disagree with other countries’ culture is not strange because other culture is not what we usually do in our lifetime. If I do something automatically for a long time and I have to change them, I’ll feel uncomfortable and think that there is no reason why I have to do those things.

Although I don’t like to follow other countries’ culture, I think I still have to follow it if I go to those countries. It’s like if you come to my house, you should do what I and my family do. Therefore, it is very important to respect and accept others’ culture even if we absolutely don’t like it. As I say, different countries have different culture, so what we think is wrong may be right for people from other countries opinion.

I think I can’t say that I won’t do this because it’s not Thai culture and I don’t like it. I, as a Thai person don’t know even what exactly Thai culture is. Perhaps, what I do normally today is Thai culture, or maybe it’s just my habit and I just do what I want to.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: